half the time
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brown's Gas (11/29, 9:42 pm)

2 posters

Go down

Brown's Gas (11/29, 9:42 pm) Empty Brown's Gas (11/29, 9:42 pm)

Post by Hollis Brown Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:23 pm

Brown's Gas (11/29, 9:42 pm)

The man in the black suit is standing in front of a row of coolers full of drinks. His arms are crossed and he keeps looking up and down at his options. While he is deliberating the sheriff opens the cooler to his right and grabs a Red Bull.

Lesley Kozlov is standing at the counter, talking quietly with the cashier, who is a young woman with dark purple hair in the style of a pixie cut. She appears to be in her late teens or early twenties. She wears a black, long sleeved shirt with a V-neck. Her white nametag says "Danielle." While she listens to Lesley speak, she has a neutral expression: her lips are a small, flat line across her face, and her eyes are half closed. She wears contact lenses that make her irises completely black, and she also wears black eyeshadow. The young woman's ears are pierced, and she is currently wearing gold earrings that are upside down crosses.

Aside from these four people, the gas station is entirely empty. "Take on Me" by a-ha plays quietly over the speakers.
Hollis Brown
Hollis Brown
Admin

https://halfthetime.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Brown's Gas (11/29, 9:42 pm) Empty Re: Brown's Gas (11/29, 9:42 pm)

Post by Jackson_Lee Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:03 pm

Jackson was returning from an emergency call as he drove the ambulance up to the diesel fuel pumps of Brown's Gas. The engine idled smoothly as he exited the drivers seat. Moving to the pump to insert the fleet card issued to him, Jackson glanced over to the parking lot and saw the sheriff's vehicle parked there. The beep of the pump captured his attention, and Jackson lifted the handle of the fuel filler and turned, inserting the filler into the ambulance's fuel tank. As the fuel tank was filling, Jackson climbed back inside the rig for a moment to fill out a piece of paperwork. Jackson couldn't help but chuckle as he heard "Take on me" playing over the PA system of the gas station, and he whistled along. Within a minute, the handle of the fuel clicked off. Stepping out of the rig, Jackson put the fuel filler back in its place, closed the gas cap on the rig, then made his way into the building, the sound of the idling ambulance fading away as he stepped inside. Jackson nodded to Lesley Kozlov and Danielle the cashier. Turning away from them both, Jackson gave a barely audible scoff at the appearance of the cashier, of which he found it quite... different. Moving to the coolers, Jackson accidentally bumped into the Sheriff. "Oops, sorry there mate", Jackson said with a chuckle.
Jackson_Lee
Jackson_Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollis Brown Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:41 pm

The sheriff had just selected a Red Bull from the cooler when someone bumped into him. Hearing the apology, but looking at his can, he automatically responded in a gruff and detached voice, “No problem.”

Turning around, the sheriff saw who it was that had bumped into him. “Oh, Jackson, it’s you.” He chuckles quietly. His eyes rest on Jackson’s face for a moment, and then he gestures toward his can. “These days, I always need a pick-me-up. I always made fun of the young kids and their energy drinks, but now…”

His smile weakens a little, and a suppressed sigh slips out. “I need everything I can get. I don’t think I should sleep tonight, or tomorrow night… Not that I’m even sure I can. It’s just, it’s getting so close to the first of the month. I don’t think I need to say more about that.”
Hollis Brown
Hollis Brown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackson_Lee Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:07 pm

Jackson detected just how grim the Sheriffs grim remark was. He couldn't really blame him for how he was feeling. He gently patted the Sheriff's left shoulder, giving a sympathetic nod and replied, "Yeah. The whole town seems on edge. My boss has all of us paramedics on shift for the next 72 hours because of this." Jackson quietly said. But Jackson gave what he hoped was a reassuring smile to the Sheriff as he pointed to the can the Sheriff held and said. "But don't let those Red Bulls be the death of you. I don't want to have you in the back of my ambulance because of those wretched drinks," Jackson quipped, hoping to lighten the mood.
Jackson_Lee
Jackson_Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollis Brown Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:21 pm

The sheriff smiles and chuckles a bit at Jackson's remark. His quiet laughter dissipates, and his eyes move to the floor. Unsure with how to proceed with the conversation, he turns uncomfortably toward the counter and pays for his Red Bull. Danielle is completely silent throughout the purchase, although she makes occasional eye contact.

When Semisonic's vocalist begins to sing the beginning lyrics to "Closing Time," an ironic smile surfaces on Danielle's face. The sheriff appears not to notice; his own facial expression has an edge of unease to it. They finish the transaction, each in their own worlds, and the sheriff makes a slight wave toward Jackson while approaching the door.
Hollis Brown
Hollis Brown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackson_Lee Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:59 pm

"I'll see you later, Sheriff." Jackson said, returning the wave. Though he meant his words as a farewell, Jackson knew his words would more than come true, and far too soon. Jackson cleared his throat, reaching for a bottle of Coke in the cooler and moved to the till. Paying for the Coke, he presented the fleetcard and the paperwork Jackson had to do to Danielle to make sure the purchase of diesel fuel had cleared. Jackson was uncomfortable by Danielle's appearance, especially her eyes. He made no visible show of his discomfort other than to clear his throat when he left the building. Climbing into the idling ambulance, he noted the mileage in his log. Setting the clipboard aside, he put the ambulance in gear, he glanced toward the window of the shop. Danielle was staring at him out the window. "Jesus Christ..." Jackson whispered to himself, startled and obviously uncomfortable from the stare. He looked forward and pulled out from the station.
Jackson_Lee
Jackson_Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollis Brown Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:53 pm

BROWN'S GAS IS NOW CLOSED
Hollis Brown
Hollis Brown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum